New Urban News has been covering New Urbanism, smart growth, and walkable communities since 1996, and the New Urban Network was developed with the goal of being an essential resource on these topics.
FreeThought Design was the principle developer for the site. Drupal, a flexible, modular content management system, was used for all of the site's content and functionality, which includes:
- Original articles and blog entries
- Thousands of archived articles
- Writing and other media content aggregation from around the web
- Paid directory, event, job, and announcement listings
- Books and past articles for sale
- A wiki of new urban places editable by site users
- Managed advertisements
Developed in partnership with Knowledge Town.